Thursday, April 10, 2008

Peking Peanut Penne


I decided to try this recipe after someone from Whats Cooking? posted a link to their blog with this recipe in it. Here is the link to the Food Blog. I served this with Asian Cabbage Salad. I have to say that when I was grilling the chicken breasts for this recipe, I got a phone call and completly forgot about my chicken on the grill. When I finally remembered, I had a mini heart attack as I tried to remember how long I was on the phone. I went to check the grill, expecting charred to the crisp breasts, but I was pleasantly suprised when I found my chicken cooked to perfection! My verdict on this recipe was that it was missing something. I didnt really know what. Carl and I both thought it was bland. I added extra salt. And when I mixed it with the Asian Cabbage, it was really yummy. I did love the flavors, but the texture was very clumpy and thick. Like cooled down alfredo sauce. I think I will try this again and maybe cook the sauce and use milk and add more of it to make it thinner. Its definately got potential!

1 lb. Penne Pasta
4 chicken breasts grilled, cubed
1 c. Creamy Peanut butter
1/3 bottle Bangkok Padang Peanut sauce
4 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 c. heavy cream or milk
1/2 c. plus 1/2 c. shredded parmesan cheese

Cook pasta and chicken. Toss hot pasta with peanut butter, peanut sauce, garlic, milk and 1/2 c. parmesan. Use salt to taste. Transfer to Casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 until cheese is light brown. Enjoy!

No comments: