Friday, April 25, 2008

Mini Farfalle with Tomatoes and Corn

My mom made this a few weeks ago for my kids when they stayed at her house and she told me that they both just ate it up. Tonight I decided to try it out. I was skeptical of corn in a tomato sauce, but it turned out so yummy. I used canned tomatoes and I added a little chopped spinach since I had some that needed to be used up. This was so quick and easy! Really good. I think it would be great with some chicken in it. My mom put ham in it when she made it. I will definatly be making this again.

This recipe came from the back of the box of Barilla Piccolini.

1 box Barilla Piccolini Mini Farfalle
1 28 ounce of canned tomatoes
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp chopped onion
1 15 ounce can of corn, drained
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
4 basil leaves, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

In a medium skillet, saute onions in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Cook pasta according to package directions. Add tomatoes to the skillet and simmer for 3 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Add corn and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Stir in cheese and basil before serving.


No comments: