Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Midnight Snack: Chicken Salad Sandwiches

I absolutly love chicken salad. I like it on croissants, in a salad, on crackers or by itself. Its good on any bread. You can put so many different things in it to jazz it up, raisins, dried cranberries, grapes, apples, celery, bell pepper, just about any kind of nut. Its also wonderful if you have some fresh dill to add. I love this stuff. Tonight I was hungry and everyone was already in bed. I had some grilled chicken leftover in the fridge and turned it into the best little sandwich for myself. Now Im full...right before bed. Doh!! Ive gotta stop doing that.

Chicken Salad Sandwiches
(makes 2 servings)

1 cup cooked chicken (I chopped up grilled chicken breast)
1/4 cup chopped apple
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup raisens
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 tsp pickle relish
2 Tbsp lite Mayo
1 tsp mustard
4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
lettuce


Mix all ingredients except bread and lettuce. Season with pepper to taste. Pile onto toasted bread and enjoy.




No comments: