Monday, May 05, 2008

Mahi Mahi en Papillote


I got the idea to do this from reading Blake Makes . I used to love to make fish in foil packets years ago, but haven't done it in a long time. Tonight I decided to try out parchment paper. This is a great way to make a meal. You can use pretty much any veggies you like. I used asparagus since that is what Blake used. I did do things a bit differently though. Here is my recipe that I ended up using.

Mahi Mahi en Papillote

3 Mahi Mahi fillets, 4 ounces each
1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch spears
1 lemon, sliced
dill (chopped fresh if you have it)
2 Tbsp butter, cut into 3 chunks
salt and pepper
chopped parsley, chopped

Salt and pepper both sides of the fish. Arrange each piece of fish in the middle of a piece of parchment paper, about 15x15. Sprinkle the fish with dill. Place 2 slices of lemon on each piece of fish. Arrange asparagus spears on and around fish. Top with a chunck of butter. Carefully wrap up the fish and make a little packet. It doesn't have to be air tight, but make sure it stays shut so it steams the fish and veggies. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes. Adjust baking time for thickness of fish. The fish I used was about 3/4 inch thick.

No comments: