Sunday, March 16, 2008

Schnitzel




From Everyday with Rachael Ray


Earlier when I made this, I had the pork chops out on the counter defrosting alittle. I decided to take my kids for a quick walk so I put the cutting board with the chops into the oven because my dog, Dude loves to steal food off the counter. When I got home, I go to make the Schnitzel and I preheated the oven like the recipe says. I forgot to take out the chops! Doh! I realized this pretty quickly, I figured the damage was about as much as happens when something defrosts in the microwave too long. They ended up being good, even if they were precooked in the oven a bit.


1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
2 large eggs
1 tsp hot sauce (I used Franks Red Hot)
1/2 cup of flour, on a plate
One 1-lb pork tenderloin cut into 8 pieces and pounded flat
1/2 cup olive oil
1 lemon cut into wedges


Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a wide shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parmesan and 2 pinches each of salt and pepper, set aside. In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs with the hot sauce. Turn each piece of pork in the flour, then the egg mixture, then the crumbs to coat well, then transfer to a plate.

In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup oil over medium heat. Add 4 pork cutlets and cook until golden-brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with 1/4 cup olive oil and the remaining cutlets. Serve with lemon wedges.

No comments: