Sunday, March 16, 2008

Fran's Fiesta 9-Layer Dip



This is the best 9-Layer dip Ive ever had. I used to beg my stepmom, Fran, to make this for parties when I was in highschool. Its always a hit and there are never leftovers. The secret is in the home made guacamole and the taco seasoned sour cream. I also sometimes use black beans in place of pinto beans, or put green chilis or jalepenos on top. Today my mom requested this for my grandfathers 80th bday party.


2 cans of refried beans
1 container (16 oz) sour cream
5-6 avocados
1 envelope Lawry's taco seasoning
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can sliced olives
1 large tomato, diced

In a small bowl, mash the avocados with a Tbsp of sour cream and a Tbsp of salsa. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. In another small bowl, stir the taco seasoning into the rest of the sour cream.

In a large 9x13 baking dish spread the first can of beans in the bottom. Then spread 1/2 of the guacamole over the beans. Then spread 1/2 of the sour cream over the guacamole. Repeat the layers. (its easier to take the beans from the 2nd can and stir them in a bowl first, to soften them up so they are easier to spread.) Top with shredded cheese, olives and tomato. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, I want to try all your recipes Rachel! This is a great idea!