Friday, March 21, 2008

The Best Garlic Bread

This is how I always make my garlic bread and it is awesome. I love using fresh garlic rather than garlic powder or garlic salt. It just gives it such a fresh taste, especially with the basil. If I dont have the fresh or frozen basil on hand, then I just omit and its still wonderful with just garlic.


1 loaf of fresh French or Italian bread
4 Tbsp of butter at room temp
1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil (this time I used frozen basil from Trader Joes)
3 garlic cloves, crushed in a garlic press


Mix the basil and garlic into the butter. Slice the loaf of bread long way down the middle. Spread the butter onto both cut sides of the bread. Preheat a broiler and broil the bread until the top is browned (about 2-4 minutes). Keep checking it constantly as it can burn very fast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love, love garlic bread. Nothing better to eat with pasta or even alone.
Speaking of pasta, I hope you post losts of pasta recipes. I'm a fan of them,lol.