Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Salmon Burgers




These are sooooo good. Way lighter than a hamburger and much healthier too. I took parts from all different recipes, so this is what I came up with.


1 lb salmon, chopped up really small
1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
1 T chopped fresh basil
1/2 cup bread crumbs (I sometimes use crushed saltines)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh pepper
1 large egg white (I used the whole egg)
1 T hot pepper sauce

Mix the first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. In another small bowl, mix the egg and the hot pepper sauce. Mix with the salmon mixture. Let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before forming into 4 patties. Saute in a pan with some olive oil on each side for 5 minutes. Serve on focciacia rolls or hamburger buns with lettuce, tomato, pickles mayo and mustard.

2 comments:

Trell said...

Oh Rachel! this salmon burger looks so good!!! I am going to make these tomorrow !
thanks for sharing with us ! you have inspired me yet again !!!
give the boys a kiss..
trell

Read Review Romance said...

Thank you for writing thiss