Sunday, August 17, 2008

Potato Sausage and Red Onion Scramble


Ive been doing good with using up these fruits and veggies I got through the co-op. This morning I did not disappoint. This turned out so yummy! A lot of times when I'm making scrambled eggs, I tend to stir them too much and it becomes a scrambled mess! This time I was careful not to stir too much. I only stirred enough to get the raw eggs underneath so they could cook up too. I then flipped it over in 3 pieces.

Potato Sausage and Red Onion Scramble

2 T olive oil
1 small baking potato, diced
1/2 of a small red onion
1/2 cup breakfast sausage, cooked and drained and set aside
4 eggs
4 tsp milk or half & half

Heat the oil in a medium skillet. Add the potato in one layer and cook covered for 4-5 minutes or until they are brown on one side. Then stir them, trying to flip them over so they all get browned on the other side. Once they are flipped, sprinkle the red onions on top. Cover again and cook 3 minutes, or until onions are softened. Sprinkle the sausage over the potatoes and onions. Whisk the eggs with the milk or half & half. Add salt and pepper to taste. Gently pour over the potatoes and sausage in the pan, being careful not to disturb all the veggies. Cook on medium-low until most of the eggs are set and nicely browned on one side. Flip over and cook an additional minute or so. Enjoy.

No comments: