Monday, July 07, 2008

Creamy Cucumber Salad


I had a cucumber sitting in my fridge and I didnt really know what I wanted to do with it. After looking at a lot of blogs and websites, I decided that what I was craving was more like tzatziki than an actual cucumber salad. So I decided to kind of make a tzatziki cucumber salad, if you will. The only difference really is that the cucumbers are chopped up pretty big. I definitely wanted it to be a cucumber side dish, not a dip. It was crisp and cold and healthy. Very refreshing. Its been really hot and humid here and this was exactly what I needed. This made just enough for 2 servings. If you want more double it.

1 English cucumber, sliced in half length wise, then chopped into 1/2 inch thickness
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp dried dill, or to taste (fresh would have been so much better)
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Cut up the cucumber and set aside in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix the yogurt, dill, and lemon juice until combined. Pour over cucumbers. Mix to coat all the cucumbers, then salt and pepper to taste. Refridgerate for awhile before serving. I only had about an hour and they turned out fine.

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

So simple and refreshing! Thanks for posting!