Monday, July 07, 2008

Grilled BBQ Pork Chops


I don't usually like pork chops very much because they always turn out dry for me. Well, today I used a little different method of cooking them on the grill and these turned out so good. They are the juiciest chops Ive ever made on the grill. Its also the first time I tried out Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and it is fabulous! I think its the best BBQ sauce Ive ever had! Honest. I saw that Albertson's had the sauce on sale for $1 a bottle, so I grabbed one and I think I will go back tomorrow and grab a couple more! This was so quick and easy. I am definitely going to try out some other grilled pork chop recipes, now that I know how to cook them so they don't lose all their juice. I also cant wait to try out a BBQ pulled pork recipe with this sauce. YUMMY!

1-2 lbs of boneless pork loin chops, trimmed and 1 1/2 inches thick
salt and pepper
1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce

Let your chops sit out at room temp for 30 minutes or so, to warm up a bit. This helps them to cook faster and more evenly. Heat up a gas grill on medium high heat. Salt and pepper both sides of the chops, then brush with some BBQ sauce...all over. Just slather it on. When the grill is hot, put the chops onto the hottest part of the grill and let some great grilling marks sear onto both sides, about 2 minutes per side, with the grill open. Move the chops to the coolest part of the grill and slather with some more sauce then cover, turning once. 3-4 minutes per side, or till done.

Test with a meat thermometer and when the chops are at 145 degrees internally, they are perfectly cooked. Once done grilling, immediately put them on a plate and cover them with tin foil and let them rest for 10 minutes. This gets all those yummy pork chop juices to redistribute....making a delicious tender chop! Enjoy.

3 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Sweet Baby Rays - yum! This is a Chicagoland product so you know its good! Your pic looks great too :)

Anonymous said...

COOL RECIPE...

..AND COOL BLOG TOO!! ;-)

We love Asado y Chimichurri

GREETINGS FROM ITALY!
CARNEALFUOCO - ricette barbecue community

Audrey said...

That's funny. LaRue LOVES that silly bbq sauce. He came home with 10 the other day because they were on sale 10 for 10. You two should get together and grill something. :)