Friday, June 26, 2009

Chicken Stir Fry with Double Pan Fried Noodles

This was a dish I modeled after the Double Pan Fried Noodles at PF Changs. It was pretty good, but my noodles did not stay as crisp as they do at the restaurant. Here is how I made it.

2-3 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
2 carrots, sliced
1/2 cup sliced onions
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts (unsalted)
3/4 cup stir fry sauce
Chuka Soba noodles (Japanese style noodles)

Marinade
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 tsp ground ginger
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes or to taste
dash of sesame seeds

Marinate the chicken in the marinade for 30 minutes. Cook the chicken on medium high heat in a little oil for a couple minutes, until cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside, keeping warm. Cook the noodles in boiling water for 3-5 minutes, until al dente. Remove noodles, drain. Heat 2 Tbsp oil the pan you cooked the chicken in and put half of the noodles into the pan and flatten them down. Allow to cook until crispy on the bottom, then flip them over and cook the other side. When both batches of noodles are done, set them aside on paper towels to drain. Now stir fry the veggies until crisp tender. Return the chicken to the pan and add the stir fry sauce. Cook for a minute until heated through. Add the peanuts. Serve over the noodles. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy.

8 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Mmm - I love the crunchiness of the pan fried noodles! Looks delicious!

Nadine Huerta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nadine Huerta said...

I made this based on your recipe. I googled "how to make PF Changes double pan friend noodles" and your blog page came up. I just used beef instead of chicken. It was soooo good! I thought this tasted better than the resturants. I also used a "wok" to make it, the beef tasted better as oppose to using a fry pan to make this. But I could not find sesame seeds at my grocery store. Thanks for the posts!!!

Victor said...

I love pan fried noodles. Thanks for sharing.

Ms. Hagist said...

Made this for dinner last night, it was amazing! Thanks!!

Paige said...

This recipe sounds yummy although I'm vegetarian so I would either use tofu or more veggies to replace the chicken. Maybe to make sure the noodles get more crispy you could add some brown sugar to the oil before frying them. That way they get more caramelized. Maybe I'll try it and get back to you on the results!

Anonymous said...

if you want the noodles to be crisper, pan fried the noodle (uncooked) and a little broth, just enough to tenderize. Add it little by little, adjusting to your taste style. Love your blog.

Ronald L. Harris said...

I'm eating this for dinner tonight. thank you.